After a week of fixing and tweaking, I present to you the latest version of Voxel Heroes. Most of the bugs were picked up by /r/gamedev on Reddit for which I'm very grateful. I hope the changes I've made will make the game more enjoyable for all of you.
- Fixed a crash when looting flowers and spikes.
- Fixed a bug that made weapon minimum damage to display as the same as the maximum damage in tooltips.
- Pressing Esc will no longer close the game but rather close the active menu (should there be one).
- Removed a piece of test code that was forcing the same level to be loaded every time. Levels will now differ between consecutive games.
- An equip / unequip / consume button has been added to the inventory screen.
- UI system changes
- Child elements now inherit the position of their parent element.
- Textboxes and Buttons are now dynamically translatable.
- When attacking a mob, a small dialog box will appear with an image and info of the mob.
- After a corpse has been completely looted, the loot window will close.
- Pressing R will now make the character move in the last direction until a wall or mob is reached.
- A trap will only do damage to a player once. Thereafter the trap will still be visible but the player will avoid it.
- Fixed a memory error where an illegal object was being created.
- Memory is better deallocated after dying and starting a new game. This should fix a lot of crashes.
- A lot of scaling modifications.
Thanks for the support!