Friday, March 30, 2012

Cave Flowers and Item Tooltips

Despite popular belief, I haven't disappeared off the face of the planet. I haven't been working on VH as much as I would have liked but the off time has done me good.

I haven't been completely idle though. I've made some new decorative models to be used in the cave theme.




Additionally I'm also working on getting the magic system finished. To assist in this, I've added mana fountains and potions.



But wait, there's more! As I've mentioned before, I've added functionality to display item models in tooltips. The models are currently only displayed in an orthogonal viewport. Ultimately I want to display the model, rotating in a 3D viewport.




Items are shaded like mobs; in the sense that the rarer/stronger the item is, the more it will be tinted. Please excuse the random numbers in the shield tooltip; I'm working on 1H and 2H weapons and currently, shields are seen as 1H weapons.

You can look forward to staves and daggers in my next update, as well as Intellect and Spirit affecting your Spellpower and Mana pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment