Thursday, January 24, 2013

Well, would you look at that

Play Morf

Nearly a week has passed since my last post and the amount of work Terri and I have done amazes me. This will be old news to those of you who are working alongside an artist already but, for those of you who have yet to experience it: Working with an artist like Terri is motivating for two reasons. firstly because you get to develop in an awesome environment (sans programmer art) and secondly, because during those times when you feel demotivated or bored with something, you know your artist has some assets waiting. Waiting for you to finish the code.

It would be humanly impossible for me to list all the things that have changed since the last post but I'll try listing the bigger ones again:

  • Tooltips using custom 'font'
  • Wall Sprites
  • Water and Lava
  • Health and Mana Fountains
  • Enhanced Dungeon Generator (Makes dungeons more fun)
  • Over 20 new items
  • 4 new classes
  • Ranged spells
  • Weapon and Armor durability
  • Mob scaling
  • Loading and Death screens
  • That's enough, isn't it? Go on, get playing!



4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what's up, but I was fighting a couple spiders but was never able to defeat them. Their health bars just went negative, although I did get their powers... over and over again. :P

    Looks like an interesting game though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a screenshot example:
      http://imgur.com/RIuTrzu

      This happens with all enemies, and it seems that during the turn I would defeat them I instead end up on the other side of them as if I had jumped over them. I'm playing on Linux (Ubuntu), dunno if that's relevant.

      Delete
    2. Huh, I was able to defeat a wanderer just now, but then encountered the negative HP problem with a druid and rat. Also, after equipping an item I have to close and reopen my inventory before it will let me swap it out for a new item.

      I'll try it out on Windows if I get the chance.

      Delete