Now, allow me to apologize for my absence. Lots of factors contributed to me being too busy to post; day-job stuff, gamedev stuff and my laziness being the largest of those. But nevertheless, I'm back to let you know what I've been up to.
When I started Morf I didn't have a very comprehensive vision of where the game was going (as is mostly the case when I start a game) and as a result of that, lots of the code was not generic enough to suit the growing needs Terri (my artist and teammate) and I have for the game. Specifically, I'm talking about how monster abilities and items are defined.
The amount of monster types and items that need to be defined started to really become an issue. In the original engine, I would define an item something like this:
add_item(name, model, handler, targeting, value1, value2, type, position);
weapon name|steel axe %damage|6 %durability|5 %min_lvl|5 %max_lvl|8
object[property] = value;
Check back next weekend and you'll be able to check Morf out for yourself!